80 smiling phrases to bring out the best version of yourself
A selection of quotes and reflections that can make you laugh.
Humor is a tool that can allow us to open many doors in life.Being a people person often means knowing how to develop a sense of humor that makes us the center of a conversation.
Moreover, it is an inexhaustible source of happiness: the more we know how to laugh at ourselves and our circumstances, the more pleasant our existence becomes.
- Recommended article: "40 funny phrases that express a sense of humor".
Smile phrases to make humor.
To show others that we are a sociable and endearing person we can come in handy to know what to say at the right time, so in the following article. we are going to show you 80 phrases of smiles that are also very funny with which to bring out your best version and be the center of a conversation.
1. The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
It is not possible to achieve success without first having worked for it, and those who achieve it know this very well.
2. Down with drugs... Sincerely: Those in the basement.
A funny phrase that said in this way has a different meaning than the classic slogan.
3. Are you happy? No, married.
Marriage can be a very difficult task to accomplish, as people living together can have ups and downs.
4. Why are all Asians suspicious?
A humorous phrase that uses one of the typical traits of Asian people to give it a particular meaning.
5. Isn't a hard disk a CD made of iron?
If it's hard, it should be made of a tough material, no doubt.
6. 1 feeling, 2 words; I am hungry.
The need to eat can be something that touches our soul, it can also be an invitation in a group to go out to eat.
7. Sometimes I forget my mistakes. Sorry, what was your name again?
A funny phrase with a double meaning that will undoubtedly leave speechless whoever we say it to.
8. Before pointing at me, wipe your finger.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, this phrase is another way of saying it.
9. Before I thought you were a bad person, now I can confirm it.
When we meet someone is when we can attest to their personality. One of those smiling phrases with which we can make an ironic gesture.
10. Looking for dragons to tame.
We all know that dragons do not exist, but it would certainly be a fun pet.
11. Shut up, you're not letting me see anything.
Sometimes, when they talk to us they don't let us concentrate on what we want to focus on.
12. Closing an envelope is a piece of cake.
A bit of humor that talks about the classic gesture we must make to close an envelope.
13. I think that eating so much shrinks clothes.
A good way of saying that we are in a growing stage, especially in terms of diameter.
14. When you feel sad, think of things that make you laugh: remember who tattooed their ex's name.
Making the mistake of tattooing the name of a person you had a relationship with can eventually become a funny reminder of our immaturity.
15. Beware... Be Karate.... and other oriental words.
A phrase with a double meaning from which we don't expect the final meaning that makes it funny.
16. They say that he who laughs last laughs best, it seems to me that it is because he thinks too slow.
Laughing at the wrong time can be a sign of having caught the joke too late.... Who hasn't?
17. The advice for when you have to work and you don't feel like it is to go to work without feeling like it.
A funny but no less true motivational phrase, sometimes we have no choice but to work even when our spirits are low.
18. Money doesn't bring happiness, but I would like to cry in a convertible.
I have never seen anyone crying inside a Ferrari, money does not bring happiness but it puts us on the road.
19. The problem with closed minds is that they always have their mouths open.
Undoubtedly the most intolerant people are those who flaunt their opinions the most.
20. Tobacco kills slowly, and I'm in no hurry to die.
A funny way of confronting each other in the debate on tobacco consumption.
21. In life there are 3 groups of people, the smart ones, and people like me.
We all have someone among our friends who is not very good at mathematics.
22. In life there is nothing stronger than love, except the cobwebs that swung so many elephants.
A phrase that reminds us of the famous nursery rhyme that we all sang when we were children.
23. In bed I have no limits... last night I fell twice...
Overcoming our own marks can be a wonderful thing in life, as long as those marks are not by making mistakes.
24. To make mistakes is human, but to blame a third party is for intelligent humans.
A funny phrase that also holds a certain wisdom, the wisdom of the born traitor.
25. It is possible to live in a better world, but not with my economy.
The economy of many of us can sometimes be somewhat austere, no doubt it would be possible to live better, but not with these resources.
26. The United States takes measures not to skip traffic lights, apparently they place them at 6 meters high.
I am sure that at six meters high nobody jumps over them, it seems to me an excellent measure that other countries should emulate without a doubt.
27. Marital status: Very tired.
The tiredness that we drag in our life can even appear in our identity card.
28. I make chairs to measure, as I learn I will show you.
An ingenious phrase of which nobody expects the outcome and we can use in any informal meeting between friends.
29. Blood group: Sometimes negative.
I didn't know that our blood group also spoke about our personality.
30. I have understood over the years that pleasing everyone is impossible, that's why I make them angry.
A good way to approach personal relationships is to be ourselves.
31. Today I wrote you something very deep: "subsoil".
A phrase as deep as our personality and our personal mood.
32. People say you can't live without love... I think oxygen is more important.
Oxygen and water are also high on my list of priorities, without them we would not last very long.
33. Light travels faster than sound... that's why people seem bright until they speak.
Sometimes it is better to remain silent than to speak in order to be in a bad place; the wise man speaks when he has something to say and the ignorant man because he has something to say.
34. The latest research states that the business that is most likely to go bankrupt this year is the glassware.
Glassworks is one of the most delicate businesses I know.... Why is that?
35. Too bad that diabetic can't go on a honeymoon.
Our honeymoon can be a very sweet moment and most probably not suitable for diabetics.
36. The craziest prices are those charged by psychologists.
Psychologists have to deal with all kinds of crazy things on a daily basis, they lead a crazy life.
37. I love buying new things, but I hate spending money.
A funny phrase that can demonstrate to others a somewhat bipolar humor on our part.
38. The first 5 days after the weekend are the worst.
We should be patient during those days and wait for the weekend with renewed hope.
39. I will go on vacation on a cruise, cross to the bedroom, cross to the kitchen, cross to the bathroom....
These are the cruises that I go on many times during the year, sometimes I also cross the street.
40. I feel terrible, I think it's the fault of this chair.
A phrase with a double meaning very good to break the ice or to try to lower the tone of the conversation in which we can find ourselves.
41. There is no worse failure than being afraid to fail.
We must have initiative and fight for what we want to achieve, without being afraid of not achieving it the first time.
42. My doctor got angry and I was following up to five diets at the same time.
More than one of us do not follow diets to the letter.... Is that why they don't work?
43. No matter how early you get up, you can't see the cows in their nightgowns.
A very funny phrase that gives a new twist to the famous saying: no matter how early you get up, the sun rises earlier.
44. I can't wait to wear glasses.
A phrase with a double meaning that can also be a good metaphor for the life we lead.
45. I hate it when the song is wrong when I'm singing.
Who hasn't ever sung in English without having the slightest notion of this language?
46. I hate being bipolar, it's so cool.
Being bipolar can give us a way of looking at life that is perhaps a little peculiar.
47. For tired eyes, glasses with armchairs.
If the glasses were like this we would surely have a little more restful eyesight.
48. That desire to take the suitcases, and to give you with them in the head.
There are friends of which although we get angry in occasions, we could not live without them either.
49. To laugh at everything is for fools; to laugh at nothing is for fools.
A very true phrase that speaks very well of people and their possible personalities.
50. The advantages of nudism are obvious.
The practice of nudism can provide us with some positive experiences.
51. If work is health, I want to live sick.
The excess of work can be detrimental for the health, perhaps to be sick in the long run will be healthier for us. One of those smiling phrases that will delight those who like to sleep late.
52. If they speak ill of you, you are doing something right.
They have to talk about us, whether for good or bad, because that indicates that we are a relevant person in society.
53. If you can't convince him, confuse him.
Trying to confuse someone can be a very clever way to make him lose his conviction about something.
54. You're going to go to the ground from maturing too much.
Sometimes, maturing too fast can bring us some blows in life.
55. I am so good at sleeping that I can do it with my eyes closed.
More than one of us can be equally good at that fantastic task we call sleeping.
56. Intelligence chases me, but I'm faster.
If we move fast enough we can get away from it, no doubt.
57. To have a clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory
We have all done things in life of which we are not proud, and if we have not, it is because we do not remember them.
58. I'm not afraid of death, I just wouldn't want to be there when it happens. (Woody Allen)
A very witty phrase from this monster of cinema that is Woody Allen, his humor is undoubtedly a reference in the genre.
59. Sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand.
Sometimes with the lack of partners we go from playing texas holdem to solitaire.
60. I usually cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
More than one ends up drinking even the wine that was supposed to be used for cooking.
61. I don't believe in an afterlife, but just in case, I've changed my underwear (Woody Allen).
We must be cautious and be prepared for everything that one day may bring us in our life.
62. Absolute truth does not exist, and this is absolutely true.
Truth is only our perception of it under our point of view.
63. Since loving one another doesn't work, why don't we try loving one another? (Mafalda)
We should understand each other in one way or another, in the end it will be beneficial for both of us.
64. Better late, because in the morning I sleep.
How many of us like to get up at a reasonable hour? At 1:00 p.m.
65. I can resist everything but temptation (Oscar Wilde)
Temptation can be a very strong force in us and it can be difficult to restrain it.
66. It is better to be silent and look stupid than to speak and clear doubts definitively. (Groucho Marx)
The great Groucho Marx leaves us this funny quote that also reflects a resounding truth.
67. Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese (Luis Buñuel)
There are people who improve with the passage of time, as if we were a fine wine.
68. There are two words that will open many doors for you: "pull" and "push".
We should write them down because they can be of great use to us in life, there is no doubt about it.
69. Children, you have made an effort, and for what? For nothing. The moral is: Don't make an effort. (Homer J. Simpson)
Who doesn't know Homer or Homer in Latin America? His lessons have been with us for decades and still are.
70. I am so intelligent that sometimes I do not understand a word I am saying. (Oscar Wilde)
This quote from Oscar Wilde shows us his great sense of humor and how he was able to laugh at himself.
71. Save water. Don't shower alone.
Showering in pairs has been scientifically proven to have numerous positive aspects in our lives and in the life of the planet.
72. You are not Google, but you have everything I'm looking for...
A funny and intelligent phrase that can also serve as a hint to the person we like.
73. There can't be a crisis next week. My agenda is already full. (Henry Kissinger)
Henry Kissinger was a very busy man with a great sense of humor that surely helped him in many difficult situations.
74. Sex is the most fun you can have without laughing.
Sex is a very healthy activity both physically and mentally, as long as we take enough precautions.
75. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
A good phrase that will show others that besides being indecisive we also have a great sense of humor.
76. Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times. (Mark Twain)
A great phrase with a touch of humor to talk in the debate about smoking when we are in society.
77. I don't want to work as a bus driver, because I don't like transient things.
A good phrase with a double meaning that undoubtedly gives us a curious vision about this kind of jobs.
78. My psychiatrist told me I was crazy; I asked for a second opinion and he told me I was also ugly.
Sometimes staying with the first opinion can be more profitable.
79. Two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity; and I am not sure about the first. (Albert Einstein)
Great phrase of the genius Albert Einstein, who was always loved for his great sense of humor. One of the smiling phrases with which he delighted us in his lectures.
80. Children are smarter than any of us. You know how I know? I don't know a single child with a full-time job. (Bill Hicks)
Sometimes knowing how to laugh at ourselves can show others that we are a very sociable person.
(Updated at Mar 28 / 2023)