Epivir is used for:
Treating HIV infection in combination with other medicines.Epivir is a nucleoside analogue. It works by blocking the growth of HIV.
How to use Epivir:
Use Epivir as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Take Epivir by mouth with or without food.
* Continue to take Epivir even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
* Taking Epivir at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
* If you miss a dose of Epivir , take it as soon as possible. If it is within 2 hours of your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Epivir.
Possible side effects of Epivir:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
* Changes in body fat; chills; cough; diarrhea; dizziness; general body discomfort; headache; indigestion; loss of appetite; muscle or joint pain; nausea; runny/stuffy nose; sleeplessness; stomach cramps.
* Children: Abnormal breathing sounds/wheezing; cough; diarrhea; ear problems; fever; mouth inflammation; nasal discharge; nausea; stuffy nose; swollen lymph nodes; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
* Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dark urine; depression (mental or mood changes); enlarged stomach; increased heart rate; numbness, tingling, or weakening of the arms or legs; persistent sore throat, chills, or fever; severe muscle or joint pain; severe or persistent nausea; stomach tenderness or pain; unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual weakness or exhaustion; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider.
Proper storage of Epivir:
Store Epivir at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Epivir out of the reach of children and away from pets.