Atacand is used for:
Treating high blood pressure. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines. It may also be used to treat heart failure in certain patients and for other conditions as determined by your doctor.Atacand is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It works by helping to relax blood vessels. This helps to lower blood pressure.
How to use Atacand:
Use Atacand as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Take Atacand by mouth with or without food.
* Continue to take Atacand even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
* If you miss a dose of Atacand , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Atacand.
Possible side effects of Atacand:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
* Dizziness; headache; runny nose; sore throat; upper respiratory tract infection.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
* Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; decreased urination; fainting; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; irregular heartbeat; muscle pain or tenderness; severe or persistent dizziness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider.
Proper storage of Atacand:
Store Atacand at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Keep the container tightly closed. Store away from light, moisture, and heat. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Atacand out of the reach of children and away from pets.