The 90 best quotes about disappointment
Interesting quotes and reflections about disappointment, which help to understand this feeling.
We have all felt disappointment at some time: towards the actions of a person, before the result of an action, to know the result of an exam...
It is part of life, although it is always better to maintain realistic expectations about what we want to achieve and what we expect from others.
In this article you will find several phrases about disappointmentthat help to understand this feeling and to deal with it in a constructive way.
The most memorable phrases of disappointment.
This is a collection of quotes and reflections on disappointment, annotated.
1. Sometimes disappointments make you stronger. (David Rudisha)
Disappointments teach us to understand the danger of having unrealistic expectations.
2. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way. (Robert Kiyosaki)
At any time we can encounter some kind of disappointment.
3. The sadness and disappointments of the past will make you stronger in the future.
Remember that in any experience there is a lesson to learn, also in those that disappoint you.
4. Hope is tomorrow's cure for today's disappointment. (Evan Esar)
There will always be a new tomorrow to try.
5. Even though there is nothing left between us, I still look forward to his return.
A disappointment bordering on denial.
6. Truth hurts, but disappointment kills.
Disappointment makes us lose confidence in people.
7. The defects that you throw in my face today are the same as the ones that were perfect at the beginning. (Ricardo Arjona)
At the beginning of a relationship, we are not able to observe the other person's defects.
8. So many love phrases were useless, the truth was always one: your deception.
A love deception represents one of the greatest disappointments in life.
9. Even when it seems that everything is going the wrong way, God will surprise you.
Bad things never last long.
10. Don't let sadness and bitterness drag you into the past, but rather move forward to build your future.
When we let bitterness control us, we are not able to move forward.
11. Many times I saw attitudes that gave you away, but I kept quiet thinking that you would come to your senses. What a serious mistake.
In any type of relationship, it is always necessary to talk about what bothers us.
12. Bad times may come, but we must move on with a smile on our face.
The only way to overcome bad times is to face them.
13. It is wise not to trust entirely those who have deceived us once. (René Descartes)
Remember that they may do it a second time.
14. Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth. (Jean Paul Sartre)
A disappointment does not necessarily represent an end point.
15. If they tell you "I don't believe in love", it is because they fell in love and were disappointed.
Something very common in those who refuse to fall in love again.
16. Most things are disappointing until you look at them more deeply. (Graham Greene)
Some disappointments come from unintentional mistakes.
17. I've had enough of being disappointed and sad, but in this life you never know when it's going to be the last time.
Unfortunately, bad times are just around the corner, so you have to make the best of the good ones.
18. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. (Martin Luther King)
Great advice on the attitude to take in the face of disappointment.
19. The best success comes after the greatest disappointment. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Sometimes the best things come after a great defeat.
20. There was never a night or a problem that could defeat dawn or hope. (Bernard Williams)
There will always be a new opportunity.
21. Disappointment is just the action of your brain readjusting to reality after discovering that things are not as you thought they were. (Brad Warner)
A way of explaining how disappointment happens.
22. For me, it is much worse to be sad and disappointed than angry.
It's a state that keeps you in perpetual confusion.
23. Life is a long preparation for something that never happens. (William Butler Yeats)
That is why we should never create expectations that are beyond our reach.
24. You must, for the sake of your sanity, transcend disappointment.
If we do not overcome a disappointment, it can take its toll on us later.
25. Every man is sincere alone; as soon as a second person appears, hypocrisy begins. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
It never hurts to be prudent with others.
26. Many promises diminish confidence. (Horace)
When promises abound, few are kept.
27. Arguing and making up every other day wasn't love. At least I understood it, late, but I did.
Constant conflicts are not a sign of a healthy relationship.
28. I was told that it hurts to let go, but it hurts more when you want to hold on.
Even if it costs at first, you will feel relieved later.
29. For disappointments we have hope.
Hope as a balm.
30. It was hard to understand, I cried a lot, but it's better to know the truth of your lies than to continue deceiving me and wasting my time.
A painful truth is better than a false reality.
31. Disappointment walks smiling behind enthusiasm. (Madame de Staël)
You will never know from whom you will be disappointed.
32. What a disappointment, to learn that you were not the same person I knew.
(Madame Staël) Appearances are deceiving.
33. When you suffer a blow of disappointment, take time to heal the wounds.
Any wound needs time to heal.
34. Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he should never be disappointed. (Alexander Pope)
The best way not to get hurt.
35. In spite of disappointment and sadness there is always a way to go on.
You have two options, to throw yourself to die or to go on.
36. Growing up is a disappointment, making the best of it is maturity.
An interesting reflection.
37. Whenever you have a setback or disappointment, put your head down and move on. (Les Brown)
Accepting things will make you understand them better.
38. Laughter is a cure for bitter disappointments in life.
Positive attitudes help us cope better with problems.
39. Expectation is the root of all anguish. (William Shakespeare)
A great truth.
40. Disappointment goes hand in hand with sadness, because when we are disappointed, we are hurt.
There is great pain behind disappointment.
41. Generally, when you are disappointed, you become stronger. (David Rudisha)
This happens when we learn the lesson behind it.
42. I was more in love with you when I didn't know you so well.
A state that can quickly lead us to disillusionment.
43. It's funny that, without you, everything went for the better.
There are people that, although we love, are not good for us.
44. He who suspects invites to betray him. (Voltaire)
Constant pressure is also a turning point in a relationship.
45. It hurts to have changed so much for someone to receive such a big disappointment from them.
If you change, let it be for your own well-being, not to please someone else.
46. Many times knowing the truth of a love can be painful and disappointing.
But it is better to know the true face of a false person.
47. Things are always like that, sometimes we are the ones who get our hopes up too high.
Sometimes we are responsible for our own disappointments.
48. You ended up just as we started: being just a pretty face, from the rest, there is nothing else of any use.
We tend to expect too much from strangers.
49. There are two kinds of tears in a woman's eyes: those of true sorrow and those of spite. (Pythagoras)
Rejection can be a very dangerous emotion.
50. Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom. (Bayle Roche)
It teaches us to be more cautious.
51. I will not hold a grudge. I prefer to ignore you, so that it hurts you more.
The best way to overcome a disappointment is to try not to let it affect us.
52. Why is it so difficult to express love, yet so easy to express disappointment? (Kaui Hart Hemmings)
A great question to ask ourselves.
53. I was disappointed and the sadness I felt was so great that I didn't know what to do for a while.
A feeling of loss that makes us lose our way.
54. I don't hate you. I am disappointed that you have become everything you said you would never be.
There are those who change for the worse.
55. Disappointments are not meant to destroy you; they are meant to strengthen you. (Anonymous)
But it all depends on how you take them.
56. The human mind is so vast and full of imagination that real life will never live up to its expectations.
That is why we are the cause of some disappointments.
57. When you are sad, look for laughter to ease the pain.
Undoubtedly, a great medicine.
58. There is nothing sadder than trusting in a friendship and being disappointed.
In friendships there can also be disappointments.
59. When you learn to accept rather than expect, you will have fewer disappointments. (Robert Fisher)
Great advice to put into practice.
60. If your boyfriend tells you to fly with him, be careful? because sooner or later he will let you go!
Not all goals as a couple are shared.
61. How could you be my everything, when I was your nothing?
When the other person only uses you.
62. We are born crying, we live complaining and we die disappointed. (Thomas Fuller)
A sad reality.
63. Beauty can cause disappointment because if there is no substance underneath, the image becomes nothing more than an empty picture.
It applies to people, things, and opportunities.
64. People's unfulfilled promises are the main reason why trust diminishes.
That is why we must be careful with what we say.
65. The best thing to do is to accept what happens, instead of having expectations, so you will avoid many disappointments.
Try to keep our expectations as realistic as possible.
66. Talking about love is easy when you have never been used.
A failed love should not be an impediment to try again.
67. There is one thing more terrible than slander: the truth. (Prince Talleyrand)
Ironically, it is through the truth that we manage to disappoint ourselves.
68. Greet disappointment with joy. There is nothing like a spring in your step to bring out the ugly gloom.
It is not a question of falling into a well, but to look for more positive company.
69. If you don't see the actions with your own eyes, you will experience disappointment.
Actions will always speak louder than any words.
70. Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. (Richelle E. Goodrich)
An interesting interpretation of disappointment.
71. Despite disappointments and sadness, I move forward without looking back.
A great attitude to imitate.
72. I'm sad, hurt, angry, mad, pissed off, disappointed. But you know what? I'm going to put on a happy face and move on. It hurts, but I'm going to survive.
No one dies from disappointment.
73. Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive. (Elbert Hubbard)
It is necessary to relax from time to time, even with the actions of others.
74. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed in what you didn't do than in what you did do. (Mark Twain)
Do not be afraid to do something you want to do now.
75. Don't let today's disappointments cast a shadow on your dreams of tomorrow.
Remember that it is not a period, but a lesson.
76. One of the greatest sadnesses is having to move away from what you love.
There are times when, in order to move forward, you need to leave things you miss behind.
77. Disappointment is a kind of bankruptcy: the bankruptcy of a soul that spends too much on hope and expectation. (Eric Hoffer)
But it can always be renewed.
78. It is spelled "I believed in you" and pronounced "you disappointed me".
The most common disappointments.
79. When you are disappointed, you become stronger, you discover that things are the way they are and you will not be able to change them.
It is when we understand that there are things that are beyond our control.
80. The worst thing is when you have finished a chapter and the typewriter doesn't clap. (Orson Welles)
We can even have a disappointment in our work.
81. You have disappointed me, but you have not killed me, you have taught me.
(Orson Welles) A way of looking at the result of a disappointment.
82. Everyone wishes to have friends, but few are the ones who manage to be friends.
True friends are those who stay in the worst of times.
83. A minute of true gratitude is worth much to wash away disappointments that embitter life.
Surround yourself with good company and the pain will diminish.
84. There are those who ask for exclusivity while walking through the beds of the whole block.
Don't give someone something they don't deserve.
85. Deep is the wound that blinds all illusion. (Marc Anthony)
Don't let disappointment stop you from dreaming.
86. I choose to live without hope to protect myself from disappointment. it's very effective! (Spencer Kayden)
A possible radical decision.
87. Enthusiasm is followed by disappointment and even depression and then by renewed enthusiasm. (Murray Gell-Mann)
The good things always overshadow the bad.
88. The early disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that is illuminated when the hope is fulfilled. (Thomas Hardy)
So don't be overcome by a bad moment.
89. When I am disappointed in someone, I lose any contact with that person.
This is the best way to close the wound.
90. You will end up really disappointed if you think that people will do the same for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same Heart as you do.
Remember that not everyone has good intentions.
(Updated at Mar 28 / 2023)