11 steps for procrastinators to achieve their 2021 goals.
Key ideas to avoid procrastinating on the tasks necessary to achieve your 2021 goals.
The other day talking to my daughter, she commented to me, "Nieves, if you're talking to people who procrastinate, who procrastinate, you have to make it easy for them." Good point.
In my previous article I shared my thoughts on why New Year's resolutions don't work. This month I'm going to share with you 11 simple steps to make 2021 your best year ever without falling into the "I'll get to it tomorrow" mindset. and my top 35 tips to be happy.
The 11 steps of productivity
Apply these key ideas to your day-to-day life to boost your productivity by fighting procrastination..
- Write down the most important project you want to (not should) accomplish in the new year. This is going to be your mission for 2021. Forget about trying to achieve 100 things. Just focus on one main goal, on your 2021 masterpiece, and you will see positive impact in other areas of your life.
- Keep your personal values in mind. Happiness and productivity come when you work and live on your own terms and in alignment with your values.
- Set your three most essential goals for the key dimensions of your life (personal growth, family, work, health, finances, spirituality, etc.).
- For each quarter of 2021 propose ten goals for each block.
- Schedule blocks of time for these goals and specific action steps in your monthly calendar. Think about what, when and how. Be specific.
- Schedule blocks of time for your goals and action steps on your weekly calendar.
- Schedule blocks of time for your goals and action steps on your daily calendar.
- Each day allocate 10 minutes to review your day and plan for the next day.
- Each week allocate 30 minutes to review your week and plan for the following week.
- Each month allocate 1 hour to review your month and plan for the next month.
- Each quarter allocate 2 hours to review your quarter and plan the next quarter.
How to squeeze the potential of 2021?
Here are 35 tips to live a full life for this year. Read them and put into practice the ones you connect with, the ones that resonate with you. Once you have chosen the ones that connect with you, put them in a visible place where you can see them, put them in a visible place where you can see them every day for your mind to absorb them..
- Remember that the quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.
- Keep the promises you make to others, and to yourself.
- The project that scares you the most is the project you need to do first.
- Small daily improvements are the key to accumulating long-term results.
- Stop being busy being busy. This New Year, clear out the distractions in your work +life and have an almost manic focus on the few things that matter.
- In a world where technology is making some of us forget how to act human, become the most polite person you know. Say please and thank you. Both show respect.
- Remember that all great ideas were first ridiculed.
- Remember that critics are scared to death dreamers.
- Have a mindset like "Apple" (or your favorite brand!) in your obsession to get the details right.
- Release your need to be loved this New Year. You can't be a visionary if you yearn for everyone to like you.
- Remember that snakes attack fireflies for shining.
- Hire a personal trainer to get you in shape. If you can't, at least work out 5 times a week. It's an investment in health, productivity and creativity. Not a cost. The return you receive is amazing!
- Give your colleagues, clients and family the best gift of: your attention (and presence).
- This year, especially after what we are experiencing, set some goal to serve the planet or humanity. As Mother Teresa would say "if we all swept around our house, the world would be clean".
- Every morning ask yourself, "How can I serve people better?"
- Every night ask yourself, "What 5 good things happened to me today?"
- Get up at 5 am and take 60 minutes to prepare your mind, body, emotions and spirit to be remarkable for the next few hours. Being a superstar is not the domain of the gifted, but of the prepared.
- Don't waste your most valuable hours (the morning) doing low-value work.
- Dedicate each morning to your sacred hour. 60 minutes for you. To meditate, pray, write, exercise. You will see great results.
- Let every project you manage run better than you found it.
- Your job is not just to work. Your job is to leave behind a trail of leaders.
- A job is not "just a job." Every job is a magnificent vehicle to express your gifts and talents, and to help grow the leader of everyone around you.
- Unspoken fears become your limits.
- Write love letters to your family.
- Smile at strangers.
- Drink more water.
- Keep a journal. Your life story is worth writing. Write your Supersales.
- Do more than you're paid to do and do work that leaves your peers breathless.
- Leave your ego at the door every morning.
- Set 5 daily goals every morning. These small wins will lead to almost 2000 small wins by the end of the year.
- Successful people are not from another subject. They are consistent in executing their plans.
- Remember that the secret to happiness is doing work that matters and being an instrument of service.
- Don't be the richest person in the cemetery. Health is wealth.
- Life is short. The greatest risk is to live without risk. And to settle for average.
- Remember that your day is your life in miniature.
Easy? Yes, but most people don't put theory into practice.
The two big barriers
There are two main types of obstacles that people often encounter when it comes to carrying out their New Year's resolutions. On the one hand, most people set goals as an obligation.. From something they believe they must do and not from an "I want to". Therefore, willpower does not carry them beyond February.
On the other hand, most people are not consistent. Many people start but don't finish. Or they plan but don't do. If this is your case, it is normal, because no one has taught you the system to achieve these goals with consistency.
Interested in learning more?
Come to my BOOTCAMP on January 23rdwhere I will teach you the system that has worked for me and hundreds of my clients; it is based on my book Focus on What Matters - Take Action.
Reserve your place through my contact form. Dedicate a full day of quality time, preferably just to do this. Your 2021 results will confirm that your attendance was worthwhile.
(Updated at Mar 28 / 2023)