Medication guide Generic Tofranil (Imipramine 25 mg):
Generic Tofranil is used for:
Generic Treating depression. It is also used in some children to help reduce bedwetting. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.Tofranil is a tricyclic antidepressant. It works by increasing the activity of certain chemicals in the brain that help elevate mood.
How to use Tofranil:
Use Tofranil as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Tofranil comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Tofranil refilled.
- Take Tofranil by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Tofranil at bedtime may help reduce side effects (eg, daytime drowsiness). Discuss this possibility with your doctor.
- It may take 1 to 3 weeks before you notice the effect of Tofranil . Continue to use Tofranil even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Tofranil , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you take 1 dose daily at bedtime, do not take the missed dose the next morning.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use generic Tofranil.
Possible side effects of Tofranil:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; excitement; headache; impotence; nausea; nightmares; pupil dilation; sensitivity to sunlight; sweating; tiredness; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness; weight loss or gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision or other vision changes; changes in sex drive; chest pain; confusion; constipation; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; frequent or difficult urination; hallucinations; impulsive behavior or other unusual changes in behavior; jaw, neck, or muscle spasms; mental or mood changes (eg, increased anxiety, mood swings, agitation, irritability, nervousness, restlessness); panic attacks; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe dizziness or drowsiness; sore throat; stomach pain; suicidal thinking or behavior; swelling of the testicles; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble walking or keeping your balance; twitching of the face or tongue; uncontrolled movements of arms and legs or stiffness; unusual bleeding or bruising; worsening of depression; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider.
Proper storage of Tofranil:
Store Tofranil at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store in a tightly sealed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tofranil out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Our doctor prescribes Imipramine online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders of Imipramine arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.