What is Duphaston? How to Treat with Generic Dydrogesterone.
More facts about Generic Duphaston (Dydrogesterone 10 mg):
Generic Duphaston (Dydrogesterone 10 mg) guide:
What is the drug called Generic Duphaston? Is it different from the branded preparation?
Generic Duphaston is a common name for all preparations based on Dydrogesterone. It is a derivative of the brand name Duphaston. The medications are identical to the branded preparation. They are allowed to be manufactured because the formula of the medication was developed back in the 1950s and the patent of the drug developer had expired long ago. Dydrogesterone is a medicine with a selective progestogenic effect on the mucous membrane of the uterus that is used in various gynecological conditions including infertility caused by certain factors.
The name Generic Duphaston is used to help people find the drug they need if they don’t know the registered trade names of generics while all of them have their own registered trademarks. These drugs can be also called Generic Dydrogesterone by the name of the main ingredient that renders the effect. Usually, generics are greatly cheaper than the branded medications because they are not widely advertised and their manufacturers do not pay doctors for the prescription of namely their medications like the owners of large brands do. But there is no difference in efficacy and safety of the medicines. Therefore, there is no point in paying more money simply for the familiar name on the box of pills.
Generics can be found at regular drugstores. But in the U.S., for example, even generics are quite expensive which is why more and more Americans look for the way to buy Generic Duphaston at online drugstores situated in other countries. Besides, such pharmacies, like ours, for instance, are able to sell medicines without prescriptions. It is not an illegal practice because the country our office and warehouses are located in allows selling these medicines without Rx. There are only a few countries where almost all preparations are marketed with prescriptions only and the U.S. has the most inconvenient laws on that matter.
When should you buy Duphaston?
The best time to purchase any pills and start using them is when your health care provider appoints you the therapy with this medicine. Dydrogesterone is appointed in the following conditions:
- Endometriosis (overgrowth of the inner lining of the uterus to the outside);
- Infertility due to luteal insufficiency;
- Threat of miscarriage or recurrent miscarriage;
- Premenstrual syndrome (malaise, headaches, cramps, mood fluctuations before the period);
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods);
- Amenorrhea (violation of the menstrual cycle, irregular periods);
- Uterine bleeding, and others.
Note that even if you are diagnosed with these conditions it doesn’t necessarily mean that you need this medicine. First of all, they can be caused by other factors not treated by the drug. Only a medical professional can assess your test results and prescribe appropriate treatment.
For whom Dydrogesterone use is contraindicated?
Before you buy Duphaston, you must check with your gynecologist that you don’t have any contraindications for the medication use. The preparation must not be used in the following cases: hypersensitivity to one or several substances contained in the pills, Dubin-Johnson syndrome, and Rotor syndrome.
Can the medication be used during gestation and breastfeeding?
The medication can be prescribed for pregnant women but not for breastfeeding women because it penetrates the breast milk and can influence the baby.
How to use Duphaston or Generic Dydrogesterone pills?
It is preferable to get an individual consultation and advice of your doctor before starting the therapy with the preparation. However, the instruction still provides dosage recommendations that can be followed if your doctor appoints you the medication without specifying any special dosages. The dosages and the treatment schemes with Generic Duphaston are based on the condition treated:
- For the therapy of endometriosis 10 mg 2 or 3 times are taken from the 5th to the 25th day of the menstrual cycle or every day for as long as the doctor recommends.
- Infertility that is caused by the factors influenced by the preparation is treated with 10 mg a day starting from the 14th to the 25th day of the menstrual cycle. The course should be advanced without interruptions for 6 or more successive menstrual cycles. Even if pregnancy is achieved, the treatment is continued during the first few months of pregnancy with 20 mg of the medicine split into two intakes a day until the 20th week if the doctor doesn’t say otherwise.
- Threatened miscarriage is treated with 40 mg taken a single time with the subsequent use of 10 mg every 8 hours until the elimination of symptoms.
- Recurring miscarriage treatment requires the use of 20 mg of Duphaston split into 2 intakes a day until the 20th week if the doctor doesn’t say otherwise.
- Premenstrual syndrome is treated with 20 mg split into 2 intakes a day from the eleventh to twenty-fifth days of the menstrual cycle.
- Dysmenorrhea is treated with 20 mg split into 2 intakes a day from the fifth to the twenty-fifth day of the menstrual cycle.
- Irregular menstruations are treated with 10 mg taken twice a day from the eleventh to twenty-fifth days of the menstrual cycle.
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding stopping requires the use of 10 mg taken twice a day for 5 or 7 days in combination with estrogens.
- To prevent uterine bleeding 20 mg are taken a day into 2 separate intakes from the eleventh to twenty-fifth days of the menstrual cycle.
Your health care provider can also tell you to buy Dydrogesterone for the therapy of other conditions such as Amenorrhea or hormone replacement therapy but in these cases, the medicine is taken with other preparations and the instruction on their use must be given by your doctor.
In combined use of the medication with estrogens such negative reactions can develop as impaired kidney function, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, epilepsy, or migraine.
The medication must be never appointed before the complete gynecological examination and analysis of the endometrium in the case of dysfunctional uterine bleedings. On the course of the therapy, regular mammograms are recommended.
Overdose with the drug
There are no data on the symptoms of overdose with Dydrogesterone. However, if you accidentally took much greater dosage than you should have, gastric lavage is recommended. If you noticed that you overdosed not later than 2 hours after the pills intake, you can try inducing vomiting.
How does the medication interact with other drugs?
Before you buy Generic Dydrogesterone or any other medications, it is important to check that you don’t use any drugs that may be incompatible with the new medicine as their interactions can harm your health significantly.
For instance, the label of the medicine says that the inductors of liver enzymes (including Phenobarbital and Rifampicin) can accelerate the transformation of Dydrogesterone in the body and lower its efficiency. Besides, although the preparation is commonly used along with estrogens, the combination of the medications can cause a variety of negative manifestations that must be observed and reported to the doctor. They include impaired kidney function, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, epilepsy, or migraine.
What adverse effects can Dydrogesterone cause?
When you agree on the therapy with the medicine and order Duphaston, you must acknowledge that it can cause the occurrence of certain unpleasant symptoms or conditions. It doesn’t matter whether you buy a branded drug or a generic; the likelihood of the symptoms is the same.
The possible adverse effects are: anemia, allergy (itching, rash, etc.), headache/migraine, liver dysfunction, jaundice, ache in the belly, breakthrough bleeding, hypersensitivity of breasts, swelling, and others.
Where to buy Duphaston?
The medicine is released from the drugstores with a prescription only in several states of the world. In the majority of countries, however, it can be easily bought over-the-counter. It doesn’t mean that the drug is so safe that can be used as vitamins but it is quite convenient if you need to take the pills for several months – this way you can save a lot of money and time not going to your doctor for a refill prescription. RXShopMD.com is located in one of the countries where the medicine is sold over-the-counter. We propose you to order Generic Duphaston at an affordable price and international shipping. To know more about our Duphaston shipping terms, please read the FAQ section, consult our pharmacists or fill in the order form to get an estimate of the cost and time of delivery.
Our doctor prescribes Dydrogesterone online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders of Dydrogesterone arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.