What is Lopressor? How to Treat with Generic Metoprolol.
Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol 100 mg) guide:
More facts about Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol 100 mg):
What is Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol)?
Generic Lopressor is the same drug as the brand-name med called Lopressor first used in 1969. It is based on the active substance called Metoprolol used for various heart conditions including hypertension and prophylaxis of myocardium infarction.
When should the drug be used?
You can buy Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol) for the management of blood pressure in hypertension, angina, arrhythmia including supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, ventricular premature beat, in hyperthyroidism, as a prophylaxis of repeated myocardial infarctions.
Note that even if you are diagnosed with one of the conditions for which the medication is used, you should consult your physician first before starting the therapy. For some patients, namely this medication can be unsuitable or even dangerous. Therefore, you need to undergo a comprehensive checkup, tell your physician about all conditions that you have or have had that may influence the therapy, and only if he believes that the medication is suitable for you, order it and start taking the pills.
How to use Generic Metoprolol?
The dosage regimen of the medication depends on the condition it is used for. Here you can find the common dosages prescribed by the majority of American cardiologist for the conditions the drug is a usual solution. Please note that the dosages are recommended for immediate release pills that are sold at our online drugstore, if you buy extended release pills, make sure to find the instruction for them separately.
- For the hypertension treatment in adults the starting therapeutic dosage is 100 mg a day in one or two intakes. The optimal therapeutic dosage is from 100 to 450 mg a day depending on the tolerance of the drug and the effect. The dosage increase can be made a week or more after the therapy beginning.
- For the angina treatment in adults the starting therapeutic dosage is 100 mg divided into two intakes. The dosage during the therapy may vary from 100 mg to 400 mg a day in divided intakes. Make sure not to raise the dose earlier than one week of the therapy to be sure that you tolerate the drug well.
- For the prevention of myocardial infarction the recommended dosage is 25-50 mg taken orally every 6 hours. Subsequently, the daily dosage can be increased to 200 mg divided into two intakes. The drug is also used intravenously which is preferable at the start of the therapy.
The medication is also used for congestive heart failure and hypertension in kids but another form of pills (extended release) is needed. Therefore, before you buy Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol), make sure to check form exactly your doctor prescribed you and ask the pharmacist to give namely this formulation.
If you need to stop the therapy, you should reduce the daily dosage gradually at the rate that you increased it as in abrupt discontinuation of the pills use the exacerbation of the treated conditions is highly probable.
What is the mechanism of action of Lopressor (Metoprolol)? How does the drug act?
Metoprolol primarily affects beta 1-adrenergic receptors of the heart. The drug renders antianginal, blood lowering and anti-arrhythmic effects. It reduces the automatism of the sinus node, slows down the heart rate, inhibits atrioventricular conduction, reduces myocardial contractility and excitability, cardiac output, and myocardial oxygen demand, and suppresses the stimulating effect of catecholamines on the heart in physical and emotional load.
The arterial pressure lowering effect occurs gradually and is stabilized at the end of the second week of the treatment.
As opposed to nonselective beta-blockers, Lopressor used in average therapeutic dosages renders less pronounced impact on the smooth muscles of bronchi and peripheral arteries.
Lopressor (Metoprolol) dosage adjustments
There is no sufficient information on the dosage adjustments for people with liver and kidney impairment. Therefore, if you have any of these conditions, you should discuss the drug use with your doctor first.
What are contraindications for the medication use?
Do not buy Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol) if you know that you may be hypersensitive or allergic to one of the components of the pills, are diagnosed with atrioventricular block, cardiogenic shock, sinoatrialnaya block, acute decompensated heart failure, arterial hypotension, severe sinus bradycardia, violations of the peripheral blood circulation, or syndrome of weakness of the sinus node.
The medication is also highly not advised to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
If you are unsure whether you have any of these conditions, ask your doctor to look at your medical history to be sure that you don’t have any contraindications for the pills use before you start taking them.
What adverse reactions can Lopressor (Metoprolol) use cause?
As with any other medication, when you order Lopressor, you should now that it can contribute to the development of certain negative effects. The following negative symptoms can occur during the therapy: general weakness, dizziness, headache, muscle cramps, fatigue, cold limbs, and others. These are the negative effects that can develop, most likely, at the start of the therapy.
In some rare cases the drug can also cause blood pressure lowering below the norm, the violation of the atrioventricular conduction, dry mouth, swelling, symptoms common for a congestive heart failure, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, symptoms similar to those of the bronchial obstruction, and others.
You don’t necessarily need to seek medical assistance in these symptoms. The best way to know when the doctor’s help is needed is to ask him or her before you buy Generic Lopressor (Metoprolol) when the drug is appointed what are the most dangerous possible adverse reactions and how you should act if you have them.
What if you combine Lopressor (Metoprolol) with other drugs?
Some combinations of the medications can result in negative effects, for example, hypotension can occur if you take Metoprolol-based drugs along with sympatholytic drugs, nifedipine, nitroglycerin, diuretics, and other antihypertensive drugs. Here you can also find other combinations of drugs that are the most dangerous but your physician or cardiologist may consider that other drugs are also incompatible with Lopressor, so make sure to inform him or her about any medications or supplements you take or plan to take in the near future.
- The medications used for narcosis and antiarrhythmic drugs elevate the risk of arrhythmia, hypotension, and slow heart rate.
- It is extremely dangerous to receive verapamil and Diltiazem intravenous infusions while you using Lopressor (Metoprolol) or its generic as this combination can cause cardiac arrest.
- The arterial pressure lowering effect rendered by the drug is lowered with the use of beta-adrenomimetics, estrogens, indomethacin, aminophylline and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- When you order Metoprolol, you should know that it enhances and prolongs the effect of muscle relaxants.
- When the drug is used with alcohol, the sedative effect and the impact on the nervous system are amplified.
- The drug lowers the effect of insulin and other drugs used for diabetes and can cause hypoglycemia.
- Such drugs as antacids, cimetidine, phenothiazines, and birth control pills increase the concentration of the heart medication in the blood.
- Rifampicin lowers the drug concentration in blood thus lowering its effect.
- The drug slows down the clearance of lidocaine and effectiveness of beta2-adrenomimetics.
- The drug is incompatible with type A MAO inhibitors.
What are the measures in the overdose with Lopressor (Metoprolol)?
The overdose is very dangerous. Once you realize or suspect that you took an increased dosage, call the emergency. The common symptoms are: hypotension, weakness, slow heart rate, slow, shallow, or troubled breathing, seizures, and others. If you realized that you overdosed within the first two hours after the pills intake, induce vomiting while you wait for the doctors.
How brand and generic are different from each other?
Brand and generic drugs are registered under different names and are sold at surprisingly different prices. These are all differences. In other aspects, i.e. the effect, safety, and quality, they are identical.
Where to buy Generic Metoprolol?
The best way to buy the drug is to order Lopressor pills it from our online drugstore. To be a hundred percent sure that it is the best option just try to obtain the drug from your local drugstores. You would be asked for a prescription and a considerable sum for the pills. We do not check your Rx and sell the medication much cheaper because we are located in the country with more adequate rules and price policies for essential medications.
Lopressor (Metoprolol) shipping options
Enjoy free shipping ordering pills for 170 dollars or opt for cheap standard delivery or fast express shipping. Find out more in the FAQ section or consulting our pharmacists.
Our doctor prescribes Metoprolol online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders of Metoprolol arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.