Unique Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Unique Pharmaceuticals is an Indian drug-making company established in 1976. The whole name of the company is J.B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (JBCPL) with Unique Pharmaceuticals being one of its subsidiary specialty companies.
The company produces generics, branded medications, active pharmaceutical ingredients, as well as ready-made products for other pharmaceutical companies to market under their trademarks as a contract manufacturer. It created a presence in over twenty main therapeutic groups with over a hundred trademarks in the home market. Some of the company’s top brands in India are in amoebicides, medications to treat stomach ulcer, NSAIDs, cardiovascular medications, and quinolone antibiotic. These preparations are included in the 300 leading brands by the recognition and items sold in India.
The company is public, i.e. its shares are listed on the stock exchanges. Currently, Unique Pharmaceuticals exports to more than thirty countries across the world and earns more than 50% of its revenue from its global business.
Brief history of Unique Pharmaceuticals in highlights
The company was founded in 1976. In 1983, the company performed its first acquisition and bought J. B. Mody & Bros. pharmaceutical company that was established in 1950.
Through the 1980s and 1990s, the company rapidly expanded through the acquisition of firms from the same field of production or adjacent industries, restructuring of its own production, and expanding the distribution over the borders of India. In the 1990s the company also went public offering its shares on the Bombay Stock exchange.
In 2008, the company made a strategic investment in a company in South Africa called Biotech Laboratories thus expanding both its international presence and the innovational research and development branch of biological technology and development of biological entities.
By 2011, it expanded its presence in Russia, Ukraine, and CIS through the introduction of popular over-the-counter drugs.
Production facilities of Unique Pharmaceuticals
The company operates seventeen equipped with the latest technology factories where the numerous formulations are produced. The plants are all approved by the most reputable and demanding international agencies such as the U.S. FDA, the WHO's cGMP, the UK's MHRA, and others. It allows these plants to be used as contract manufacturing facilities for larger brands from the western countries as well as the production facilities for making of generic medicines sold both in India and globally.
Besides oral pills, capsules, injectable solutions, and powders for injections, the company is also well-known for its high-quality lozenges.
The top brands of Unique Pharmaceuticals are Metrogyl, Nicardia (Nifedipine), Rantac (Ranitidine), Dicloran, OF (Ofloxacin), Cilacar (Cilnidipine), Zecuf herbal, and others.
Research and development
The relatively new direction in pharmaceutical research is the creation of complex molecules, biotechnological medications that modify the body’s response to the disease rather than chemical substances that influence the disease themselves. Unique Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical producers to engage in such research as it had purchased a biotechnology company almost 10 years ago when other companies were only considering the integration of biotechnology in their business.
Besides the biotechnological research, the company also works on the development of novel preparation delivery systems, improvement of existing formulations, for instance, to cut the number of times the pills should be taken a day, and so on.
Unique Pharmaceuticals is initiating charitable project sponsoring primary and vocational training for the unprivileged social classes. Beside, Unique Pharmaceuticals tightly works with hospitals and medical professionals to better understand the needs of its country, sponsors the vaccination programs, organizes diagnostic camps and provides vulnerable classes of the population with essential medications.
The company is first to help its country’s population in force majeure, for instance, it helped to rebuilt Vavania village after the Gujarat earthquake. It also works on minimizing the pollution of the environment produced by its plants and sponsors various environmental projects about which you can find out more visiting the company’s official website.
Products by Unique Pharmaceuticals you can get at our drugstore
At the moment, at our range of goods you can find the following products made by this company:
- Adalat (Nifedipine) is an antihypertensive drug, dihydropyridine derivative, and antagonist of calcium ions. The medication’s effect is due to the inhibition of the calcium ions flow through the membrane of cardiomyocytes and smooth muscles of blood vessels, which leads to a decrease in the storing of calcium inside the cells. This causes the expansion of the coronary arteries, peripheral blood vessels, which causes a decrease in the total peripheral vascular resistance and, consequently, a decrease in the load on the heart, increasing oxygen supply to the myocardium. The pills are prescribed to be used in arterial hypertension, stable angina, angina pectoris, migraine attacks, renal, intestinal or liver colic and other conditions when a strong spasmolytic effect is required. The medication can be found in our Blood pressure medications section.
Prior to starting the therapy with any medications from our drugstore, consult a healthcare specialist.
Top medications by Unique Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals