Natco Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
The company started its activity in 1981. Today, it has its own research centers and more than 4,000 qualified scientists. Currently, Natco Pharma Limited exports its products to the USA, Australia, Canada, Brazil, European countries, CIS countries, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Tanzania and Kenya, among others.
The company is ranked among top-20 Indian pharmaceutical companies what is considered a good ranking taking into account that the pharmaceutical industry in India ranks 3rd in the world terms of volume.
Brief company’s overview
The main directions of the company’s operation are research and development of drugs for combating viral (including hepatitis C) infections and cancer diseases.
Natco Pharma operates in India, the United States, Europe, and Asia. Subsidiaries are located in North and Latin America, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Originally the company was called Natco Fine Pharmaceutical Ltd. It became officially public since July 1992. In February 1993, it changed its name to Natco Pharma Limited (NPL).
The range of products Natco Pharma Limited consists of more than 500 names of medicines and is constantly expanding thanks to fundamental research in the sphere of technology cooperation.
The company manufactures medicines, or more precisely, active pharmaceutical ingredients, for companies Ranbaxy and Parke Davis and is a holder of ISO 9002 certification, which allows developing exports. Natco Pharma Ltd has initiated procedures for registering drugs under its own brand in more than 20 countries.
To enter the US market, NPL formed a subsidiary of Natco Pharma in the United States and entered into research cooperation with the Regional Research Laboratory in Jammu, the Center for Cell and Molecular Biology for Synthetic Peptides and the Central Institute for Skin Studies.
Natco Laboratories, Natco Parenterals, and Karanth Pharmaceuticals have teamed up with the flagship company NPL to provide a large asset base and increase high-tech capabilities.
Natco Pharma products
The company produces over 500 different medications among which the most known are Sofosbuvir, Daclatasvir, Lenalidomide, Entecavir, Deferasirox, Ledipasvir, Imatinib, Bendamustine, Bortezomib, Chlorambucil, Velpatasvir, and others.
Natco Pharma Limited is certified by the World Health Organization and manufactures products for companies Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd., Eskayef Ltd., Parke Davis (I) Ltd., Fulford India Limited, Cadila Ltd., John Wyeth India Ltd., ICI Ltd. and SOL Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Natco Pharma Ltd produces analogues of expensive well-known, branded medicines, making them affordable for patients with low incomes.
Pricing policy of Natco Pharma
In 2012, the company canceled a patent for a drug for cancer, made by Bayer, saying that it was going to sell generic drugs, the analogs of Sorafenib Tosylate, for 3 percent of the price charged by Bayer from Germany for the original. Today Natco sells the drug in India at $174. The original Bayer drug sells for $ 5,500.
In 2015, Natco started to produce Sofosbuvir, a drug used to treat chronic hepatitis C, an analog of Sovvali, produced by the American company Gilead, under its own brand. The price for a bottle of a medicine is set at about 20 thousand rupees, which is about 300 dollars. A 12-week course costs about 945 dollars (that is, 12 times cheaper than the original in the US).
In May 2017, an Indian company issued a cure for blood cancer at a cost of 5,000-20,000 rupees, which is 98% lower than the price in the US. Pomalidomide is intended for patients with multiple myeloma (a type of blood cancer). The drug is sold by Celgene Inc in the United States under the trademark Pomalyst. Natco plans to sell capsules of Pomalidomide under its own brand in India.
In October 2017, Natco Pharma Ltd shares went up by 20%, because the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the generic drug Copaxone, developed by Natco in partnership with the Dutch company Mylan. This medicine is used to treat multiple sclerosis. The original product is manufactured and sold by the Israeli company Teva. For 12 months, the sales of Copaxone in a dosage of 20 mg were $ 700 million, at a dosage of 40 mg - $ 3.6 billion.
Being one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical companies, Natco ensures the implementation of in-company and nation-wide social programs to promote better health through rising of illness-awareness, spreading of medications for free for the unprivileged, and so on. You can find out more details on the official company’s website.
Natco Pharma products you can buy at Rshopmd.com
- Generic Asacol based on Mesalamine, an anti-inflammatory medication, 5-Aminosalicylic acid. Like other salicylates, mesalazine is an inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis and has anti-inflammatory activity. The medication is indicated for inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease) in the stage of exacerbation and prevention of their relapses. You can find this drug in our Anti-inflammatory medications section.
- Hepcinat or Sovaldi is a new nucleotide analog used in combination with other drugs to treat hepatitis C. Compared to other medications for this disease, Sovaldi has a higher efficiency, lower probability and range of sides effects, as well as shorter therapy. Sovaldi allows ceasing using interferon alpha, an antiviral drug with a series of side effects, the main element in the treatment of hepatitis C in many countries. You can find this medication in our Antiviral medications section.
Top medications by Natco Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals