GSK Pharma India Generic drugs
GlaxoSmithKline Pharma India
GlaxoSmithKline is a British-based international pharmaceutical company that was established in 2000 by the merger of two pharmaceutical companies Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham – one founded in the 18th century and another one in 19th ranking them amongst the oldest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Currently, GlaxoSmithKline occupies the second place in the rating of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world after Pfizer. In addition to pharmaceuticals, the company is engaged in microbiology and production of body care products. The main production facilities are concentrated in the UK, Spain, Ireland, the USA and Singapore. The main revenue of the company is ensured by the selling of drugs in the following therapeutic areas: respiratory diseases, oncology, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, mental disorders, the prevention of infectious diseases (vaccines for different age groups), drugs sold in pharmacies on the recommendation of a doctor (Augmentin, Bekotid, Zinatsef, Zinnat, Fortum, Energin, etc.), and symptomatic drugs sold in pharmacies without a prescription (Panadol, Coldrex, Solpadein, etc.).
GSK is engaged in continuous research. The main scientific centers of the company are located in Greenford (a suburb of London), Harlow (United Kingdom), as well as in the states of North Carolina and Pennsylvania (USA). The total number of employees of the company in all 115 offices and facilities all over the world is over 100 thousand people among which 12,500 engaged in the Research and Development departments. The yearly revenues of GSK are around 30 billion pounds with the net profit for this period amounted to 2 billion pounds.
As of February 2018, GSK is distributing its products in more than 160 countries. Total sales in the world by the end of 2017 amounted to 30.186 billion pounds. The sales of innovative products (launched in production over the last three years) accounted for about 13% of total sales.
Vaccines by GlaxoSmithKline
Every day the company produces more than 3 million doses of vaccines aimed at preventing more than fifteen diseases that are delivered to 176 countries with more than 80% being supplied to developing countries. Currently, the company has registered more than 30 vaccines, more than half of which are combined vaccines for all age groups for the prevention of two to six diseases at a time.
GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals is a global division of GSK, which develops and manufactures innovative vaccines, including preventive and pediatric vaccines. GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals has signed partnership agreements with governments and academic institutions to create an HIV vaccine (with the IAVI the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative and the Pasteur Institute in France), tuberculosis (with the AERAS Foundation) and malaria (c MVI International Initiative for the Creation vaccines against malaria).
Being the world’s second-largest pharmaceutical company, GSK is one of the major healthcare innovators in the world. Four GlaxoSmithKline scientists have even been recognized by the Nobel Committee for their contributions to basic medical science and/or therapeutics development. With the help of clinical research, the company strives to develop more effective and safe types of therapy for diseases for which certain therapies are already developed. Some clinical studies are conducted to study diseases that are currently considered incurable.
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world largest commercial enterprises by the number of charitable and healthcare-related initiatives around the world. For instance, 20% of the company’s revenues in the least developed countries is invested in the improvement of those countries healthcare systems. First of all, these funds are invested into the preparation of qualified medical specialists. Together with three nongovernmental organizations, Amref Health Africa, CARE International, and Save the Children, the company trained 25,000 primary care physicians in 34 countries that already provided medical assistance to more than 6.5 million people.
The company’s vision and mission is that the medications and vaccines that it produces should be affordable and attainable for everyone who needs them regardless of the people’s incomes. The implementation of this mission is achieved through the flexible pricing policy based on a fair assessment of the national income and solvency of the population of each country which allows keeping affordable medicine prices around the world. In the poorest countries, the prices for GSK original make not more than 25% of the price for the developed countries.
The company also works to reduce the environmental impact of its activities and products during their life cycle. It also set an ambitious goal to reduce carbon and water consumption, and waste at all stages of the value chain - from the selection of raw materials and the influence of its laboratories and factories to the use and disposal of the products by patients and consumers.
GlaxoSmithKline products you can buy at RXShopMD.com
- Generic Albuterol based on Ventolin is a bronchodilating drug from the group of selective beta 2-adrenergic receptor agonists. It is used for bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other conditions associated with bronchospasms. It is an inhaler that acts quickly and is used to stop acute attacks but since its effect is brief it cannot be used as a main therapy for the prevention of asthma attacks. You can find this medication in our Asthma medications section.
- Augmentin based on Amoxicillin and Clavulanate is a combination antibacterial agent which effect is based on a broad-spectrum bactericidal antibiotic from a group of semisynthetic penicillins, Amoxicillin, and a beta-lactamases inhibitor, Clavulanic acid. The medication can be appointed for the therapy of bacterial infections of respiratory tract, urinary tract, otitis media, skin and soft tissue infections, pneumonia, and other infectious diseases caused by susceptible bacteria. You can buy this medication from our Antibiotics medications section.
- Bactroban based on Mupirocin is an antibacterial and bactericidal topical medication for an external use with a broad spectrum of action. The ointment is appointed for the treatment of folliculitis, impetigo, furunculosis, ectyma, bacterial skin infections, and skin infection prevention. The medication’s effect is due to the suppression of isoleucine-transfer-RNA synthetase, which leads to a violation of protein synthesis in bacteria. You can buy this medication in our Skin Care medications section.
- Fulvicin based on Griseofulvin is an anti-fungal antibiotic drug effective against Trichophyton, Microsporum, and Epidermophyton fungi. It suppresses the division of fungal cells in metaphase and protein synthesis due to disruption of binding to matrix RNA. It accumulates in the cells of the skin, hair, and nails and is used for the treatment of mycosis of the skin, hair, nails: trichophytosis, favus, microsporia of the scalp, smooth skin, dermatomycosis of the beard and mustache, epidermophytia of the smooth skin, epidermophytic feet, inguinal epidermophytia, and onychomycosis. You can find this medication in our Anti-fungal medications section.
- Grisovin FP based on Griseofulvin is an anti-fungal antibiotic drug effective against multiple types of fungi. It suppresses the division of fungal cells in metaphase and protein synthesis due to disruption of binding to matrix RNA. The drug is accumulated in the cells of the skin, hair, and nails and is used for the treatment of mycosis of the skin, hair, and nails. You can find this medication in our Anti-fungal medications section.
- Imodium based on Loperamide is a medication used to stop diarrhea caused by various illnesses and conditions. The medication actively slows the intestinal peristalsis, increases the tone of the anal sphincter, promotes retention of fecal masses and reduces the urge to defecate. Its action develops rapidly and lasts 4-6 hours. You can find this medication in our Gastrointestinal medications section.
- Eltroxin based on Levothyroxine is sodium salt of L-thyroxine medication that after partial metabolism in the liver and kidneys affects the development and growth of tissues and metabolism. It is appointed for the therapy of hypothyroidism of various causes (including pregnancy), thyroid hormone deficiency, goitre recurrence (prophylaxis after resection), euthyroid benign goiter, additional thyrotoxicosis therapy with thyreostatic medications after reaching the euthyroid status (not during pregnancy). Besides, the medication can be included in the therapy of thyroid cancer after the removal of the thyroid gland as a lifelong TTG-suppressive therapy, as part of complex therapy of Graves' disease, autoimmune thyroiditis, and for thyroid function suppression test. You can find this medication in our Thyroid medications section.
Before you decide to buy any medications from our online drugstore, please consult a specialist who knows your health history and can give a qualified opinion on your therapy.
Top medications by GSK Pharma India:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals