Johnson and Johnson Generic drugs
Johnson and Johnson
The company was founded in the United States in 1886 by two brothers Robert and James Johnson. Currently, it has 250 subsidiary companies in more than in fifty countries of the world and is the number one producer of medical equipment in the world. Besides the medical equipment, the company also produces pharmaceutical products and packed consumer goods.
The company makes a part of Dow Jones Global Titans 50 index.
The company manufactures and markets a wide range of medical products, consumer products for body care under the trademarks JOHNSON'S Baby, Neutrogena, O.B., Carefree, Reach, Clean Clear, RoC, contact lenses under the brands Acuvue, and so on. The company’s products are sold in more than 175 countries of the world. Currently, its three main divisions are: Consumer Health Care (consumer goods), Pharmaceuticals (pharmaceutical products), and Medical Devices Diagnostics (medical equipment and appliances).
Brief company history
The company was initially established as a small business producing dressings and bandages. Since 1893 the company also engaged in the production of baby powder. The company's effective methods of sterilizing dressings with steam and hot air promoted a rapid increase in the popularity of products, and in 1916, to supply the production with the raw materials, a textile company was purchased. In 1919, further expansion of the production continued and the company opened its first subsidiaries in Canada, then in 1924 in the UK. In1921, the company started to manufacture the bandages called Band-Aid which became so popular that their trade name became the second name for bandages.
In 1932, the Robert Johnson junior became the president of the company who divided the company’s production into four departments: Surgical kits and gowns (Surgikos, Inc.), sanitary napkins (Modess Inc.), contraceptives (Ortho Pharmaceutical Corporation), and dressings(Ethicon, Inc.). Under his management, the Johnson Johnson's turnover increased from 11 million to 700 million a year.
The company went public, i.e. made its shares available through the stock exchange in 1944. The path as a medications-making company it started in 1959 when Johnson Johnson acquired McNeil Laboratories Inc., the manufacturer of then-expensive prescription painkiller. In the same year, the company also purchased Swiss pharmaceutical company Cilag-Chemie. In two years, the Belgian company Janssen Pharmaceutica that produced Haldol (haloperidol) antipsychotic medication was acquired.
Pharmaceutical Department of the company
The turnover of the unit in 2015 was $ 31.4 billion. The most significant drugs produced by the unit:
- Remicade (infliximab, an immunosuppressive drug, used for rheumatoid arthritis, $ 6.561 billion);
- Simponi and analogs (Simponi, golimumab, immunosuppressant, used for rheumatoid arthritis, $ 1.328 billion);
- Stelara (Stelara, ustekinumab, used in the treatment of psoriasis, $ 2.474 billion);
- Eduard (Edurant, rilpivirine, used in the treatment of HIV infection, $ 410 million);
- Olisio / Sovriad (Olisio / Sovriad, simeprevir, used in the treatment of hepatitis C, $ 621 million);
- Presista and analogs (Presista, darunavir, used in the treatment of HIV infection, $ 1.81 billion);
- Concert (Concerta, Methylphenidate, used in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, $ 821 million);
- Invega and analogs (Invega, paliperidone, atypical antipsychotic, $ 2.4 billion);
- Risperdal (Risperdal, risperidone, atypical antipsychotic, $ 970 million);
- Imbruvica (Imbruvica, Ibrutinib, an antitumor drug, $ 689 million);
- Velcade (Velcade, bortezomib, used in the treatment of lymphoma and myeloma, $ 1.333 billion);
- Zitiga (Zitiga, abiraterone acetate, used in the treatment of prostate cancer, $ 2.231 billion);
- Xarelto (Xarelto, rivaroxaban, anticoagulant, $ 1.868 billion);
- Invokana and analogs (Invokana, canagliflozin, is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, $ 1.308 billion);
- Procrit / Eprex (Procrit / Eprex, epoetin alpha, used in the treatment of anemia, $ 1.068 billion).
The Corporation invests heavily in the development of medical technologies and advanced methods of treatment, the search for new medicines, in research that determines the quality and safety of drugs and techniques, as well as in the development of vocational education of medical specialists, social and charitable projects for people from the developing countries as well as unprivileged people from the developed world.
The company’s credo and policy
The company runs the business in compliance with the values embodied in its Credo. J&J operates with the highest standards regarding its employees, the environment, the patients, and all other stakeholders. The company has its strict guidelines and policies expressed in statements and standards that all employees get acquainted with.
The company is known for its charitable work that is focused on three main aspects: health and strengthening the healthcare workforce in the world's most vulnerable communities; education promotion in the developing countries through financial aid and special educational programs; talents promotion programs are aimed at helping rising talents in various science fields to succeed and get the resources for the research; environmental protection programs implemented both through the optimization of production facilities so that they won’t be harmful to the environment and raising awareness of its employees, partners, and community about the environmental problems and how they can be solved. You can find more detailed information about the company’s social programs on its official website.
Johnson and Johnson products you can buy at our online med store
We are continuously expanding our range of products and currently, you can purchase the following medications made by this company at our med store:
- Retin-A based on Tretinoin is vitamin A in the form of a carboxylic acid. It is the first generation retinoid, commonly used to treat acne, acne vulgaris, including with the formation of comedones (sebaceous plugs in the mouth of the hair sacs), papules, pustules (bubbles on the skin filled with pus), draining acne, nodular cystic skin elastosis with comedones, and follicular keratosis. You can find this medication in our Skincare medications section.
Top medications by Johnson and Johnson:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals