Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life Generic drugs
This pharmaceutical company was founded in 1986 but as it started to actively operate as a fully- integrated pharmaceutical company in 1995, this year is considered the beginning of its journey. Currently, the company has over 14,000 employees and has a turnover equivalent to 770 million of the U.S. Dollars, is ranked fourth largest medications manufacturer in India and first as a company with the highest Prescription per Doctor per Month rate.
The company produces over-the-counter drugs, fast-moving consumer goods such as condoms, active pharmaceutical ingredients, generic and self-patented medications.
In one way or another, Mankind Pharmaceuticals is present in 22 countries of the world and continuously works on expanding its markets.
History of the company - highlights
The company started to fully operate in 1995 when it spread the distribution of its products to two Indian states. By 2002, the company’s products spread to all home country. At that time, it was over-the-counter drugs and fast moving consumer goods.
The year 2002 also is notable with the creation of Discovery Mankind division which engaged in the development of generic medications from such therapeutic areas as treatment of diabetes, metabolic disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, infectious diseases, and fungal infections.
In ten years after the company’s initiation, in 2005-2006, it achieved the annual revenue growth of around 60% and the turnover equivalent to 52 million U.S. dollars. During these years, the company also created a subsidiary company focused on overseas markets and such therapeutic areas as bacterial infections treatment, dermatological disorders, gynecological disorders, and ophthalmologic disorders.
In the years 2007-08, Mankind Pharmaceuticals entered the market of antipsychotics segment acquiring the neuropsychiatry-oriented pharmaceutical company called Magnet. Besides, the company launched a number of future best-selling over-the-counter drugs such as Manforce (erectile dysfunction drug), PregaNews (pregnancy test), and Unwanted-72 (emergency contraception). Future Mankind research and development department and Vet Mankind department were launched in the same year.
The company’s turnover in the years 2008-2009 was by 31% higher than in the previous year. Then the company for the first time was ranked among the top-ten country's pharmaceutical companies and the first one based on Prescription per Doctor per Month rate.
By the year 2009, 53 of the company’s brands were ranked among the top-five positions, of which 21 were in the first position and 14 were in the second position, as per IMS Health and Stockist Secondary Audit.
In 2010, continuing its expansion program, the company entered the pet medications market as well as the international pharmaceutical market starting to distribute its medications to Sri Lanka. Besides, as a part of its social contribution program, the company established Research and Development Learning Centre. This was also the first year the company was ranked eighth in the top-10 pharmaceutical companies of India.
By the year 2014, the company expanded its markets to Philippines, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius, seven African countries, Vietnam, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Bahrain. This year the company was ranked seventh among the top Indian pharmaceutical companies.
By 2017 Mankind Pharmaceuticals have expanded its operations to the U.S. and the UK pharmaceutical markets through a newly-created subsidiary Lifestar LLC. The company continues to grow and expand as well as maintains the leading places in the industry on the national market.
The company in total has eighteen plants separated by the type of formulations they produce, i.e. some of them are making only oral pills, others create hard and soft gelatin capsules, orally disintegrating films, sachets, syrups & suspensions; others are specializing in the production of creams & ointments; certain plants are producing solutions and powder for injection. Besides medications, some of the company’s facilities manufacture nutritional supplements, herbal medications, and condoms.
All of the company’s facilities are approved in accordance with Good Manufacture Practice guidelines by the World Health Organization. Besides, they are certified by the health and drug authorities of the countries where Mankind Pharmaceuticals exports its products, for instance, the U.S. FDA, The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, and others.
The quality of the production is ensured by the work of Corporate Quality & Compliance (CQC) team that regularly updates the plants as per the requirement for continual improvement. The CQC team is guided by the standardized global quality system procedures that guarantee consistency and efficiency in the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients and complete medications at all plants. No drawback is possible because the CQC team constantly monitors effectiveness through regular quality reviews, audits, and review of compliance to regulatory inspections.
Research and development
Mankind’s aspiration to make generic medicines is inspired by the idea of its creator of bringing good health to everyone by offering high quality affordable generic versions of expensive innovational remedies. The company's commitment is primary for providing quality and innovation in its medical products. It is possible to offer highly affordable medicines to patients while complying with international quality standards through the skilled vertical integration of the company structure. For instance, there is a technology transfer team that is the intermedium between the R&D and production and is responsible for the transfer of the product & process knowledge to achieve ideal product implementation. This knowledge makes up the basis for the production process, control strategy, process validation approach and ongoing continual improvement.
To fulfill its social responsibility, the company creates various initiatives to meet the needs of society. In 2010, the company created a special department Care Mankind that is responsible for addressing the challenges faced by the society and helping those that are unable to care of their basic needs such as receiving of healthcare. The projects initiated by the company are not limited to financial help as Mankind Pharmaceuticals wants to make a long-term commitment and care for their well-being. The company works in particular with reinforcing different nongovernmental organizations in their missions, providing medical assistance by organizing camps and distributing free medicines, creating awareness-raising programs, and enacting green initiatives to preserve nature.
Products by Mankind Pharmaceuticals
The company manufactures and distributes over 1000 medications available in 22 dosage forms and from 17 therapeutic areas. These are generic medications, i.e. the complete analogs of the expensive branded drugs made by the western companies, novel formulations, i.e. the known medicines in new forms that provide faster effect or longer effect, etc.
Besides prescription medicines, the company has a wide-range of over-the-counter medications and fast moving consumer goods such as pregnancy tests, condoms, nutritional supplements, deodorants, cosmetics, and so on.
Mankind Pharmaceuticals products you can buy at our online drugstore
We strive to always expand our assortment of medical products and currently we offer you to buy:
- Amoxicillin and Clavulanate or Augmentin, a combination antibiotic drug utilized to treat a variety of bacterial infections caused by the susceptible pathogens. The conditions in which the drug can be prescribed are bacterial infections of respiratory tract, urinary tract, otitis media, skin and soft tissue infections, pneumonia, and so on. We have different dosages per pill available and you can choose the one suitable for you easily from our Antibiotics medications section.
- Generic Ceftin based on Cefuroxime is a second-generation cephalosporin antibiotic. The medication renders bactericidal effect, i.e. it breaks the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. It has a wide spectrum of antimicrobial action and is highly active against gram-positive microorganisms, including strains resistant to penicillins. The antibiotic can be appointed for the therapy of bacterial infections caused by sensitive microorganisms such as diseases of the respiratory tract (bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess, pleural emphysema, sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis, etc.), urinary tract (pyelonephritis, cystitis, asymptomatic bacteriuria , gonorrhea, etc.), skin and soft tissues (erysipelas, pyoderma, impetigo, furunculosis, phlegmon, wound infection, erysipeloid, etc.), bones and joints (osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, etc.), pelvic organs (endometritis, adnexitis, cervicitis), sepsis, meningitis, Lyme disease, and others. You can find this medication in our Antibiotics medication section.
Top medications by Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals