Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited
Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited is one of the largest drug-making companies in India. Moreover, it is an integrated international pharmaceutical company that deals with scientific medical research and produces a wide assortment of high qualitative and affordable generic medicines that have earned the trust of both doctors and patients around the globe.
Currently, the company is present in twenty-five leading pharmaceutical markets in the world, has offices in 43 countries, 16 first-class production facilities in 8 countries and a diverse portfolio of products, is developing rapidly, successfully operating in new and well-developed markets.
In 2008, the company had entered with a partnership with one of the biggest innovative companies from Japan, Daiichi Sankyo, with the aim to develop innovative and highly-demanded generic pharmaceutical products.
Now this joint enterprise is one of the 20 largest drug-producing companies in the world.
This transformation strengthens Ranbaxy's position in terms of global coverage and potential in the development and manufacturing of medicines.
Since 2015, the company is a part of the largest Indian pharmaceutical concern Sun Pharma.
Mission of the company
The stated mission of the enterprise is the "Improvement of life with quality and affordable drugs."
History of Ranbaxy
The company was founded in 1961, and in 1973 it was transformed into an open joint stock company.
In 2011, the company recorded Global Sales US 2.1 billion. Ranbaxy has a balanced mix of revenues from new and emerging markets, which contribute 47% and 46% accordingly.
In 2011, sales in North America totaled US 791 million, in Europe US 297 million and in Asia US 503 million.
Strategy for development
Thanks to organic and inorganic growth paths, Ranbaxy focuses on increasing the production and sales of generics in main markets. The growth of the company is observed on different continents and the attention paid to both developed and new markets is almost equivalent.
Ranbaxy always strives to provide a wide range of generic and innovative products enhancing the unique Hybrid Business Model with Daiichi Sankyo. The company plans to pay more attention to such potentially growing areas as the Vaccine and biosimilars, i.e. analogs of complex-molecule drugs. These new areas will significantly expand the existing portfolio of drugs.
Ranbaxy research work
Ranbaxy considers its research potential as a substantial component of the business strategy, which will provide the company with a stable and long-term advantage in the market. Today the company has a staff of more than 1000 scientists who are engaged in the priority scientific research.
Ranbaxy is one of the few Indian drug-making companies that started their research program in the late 70's. In order to realize the desire to become an international-level company, in 1994 the first-of-its-kind world-class research center was created. Today, the multidisciplinary research center in Gurgaon has the necessary conditions for researching generics, as well as innovative research. The company's strong research potential for medications development and its further development points to the company's desire to be a leader in the making of generics and to provide valuable materials based on its new developments in the field of Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS).
The first significant success of the company in connection with the use of the technological base of NDDS came in September 1999, when Ranbaxy sold the license for the formula "once a day" to one of the international companies.
In July 2010, the Ranbaxy NDDR division (Development and Research of New Drugs) was transferred to Daiichi Sankyo India Pharma Private Limited, in accordance with the strategy of strengthening the general research structure of the Daiichi Sankyo Group.
Ranbaxy developed and launched the first new Indian drug, Synriam to treat uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in adults. The anti-malarial new drug, Arterolana Maleate Piperacuin Phosphate was approved by the Indian Drug Regulator, Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for production and sales in India, earlier this year.
In Ranbaxy, research on generics is becoming more specific, as the company is increasingly working on integrated and specialized fields.
Ranbaxy's business philosophy, based on the idea of fair shareholder remuneration, inspires people to innovate, to achieve excellence. Moved by the desire of 14,000 employees of more than fifty nationalities, Ranbaxy continues to confidently go to its goal "Improving life with quality and affordable medicines."
Products made by Ranbaxy that you can buy at our online drugstore
- Amoxil based on Amoxicillin is a semisynthetic broad-spectrum antibiotic from the penicillin group. It inhibits transpeptidase, breaks the synthesis of peptidoglycan (a component of the bacterial cell wall) during their period of division and growth, and causes bacterial death. The preparation is indicated for the treatment of susceptible infections of respiratory and urinary tract, skin and soft tissue infections, and so on. You can find this medication in our Antibiotics medications section.
- Generic Arcoxia based on Etoricoxib is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication used for the symptomatic therapy for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, as well as pain and signs of inflammation associated with acute gouty arthritis, and can be used for short-term treatment of moderate postoperative pain associated with dental operations. You can find this medication in our Arthritis medications section.
- Generic Lipitor based on Atorvastatin is a lipid-lowering drug of the third generation from the group of statins. The medication is appointed for the therapy of primary hypercholesterolemia, combined hyperlipidemia, familial endogenous hypertriglyceridemia resistant to diet, diseases of the cardiovascular system, including in patients without clinical manifestations of ischemic heart disease, but having increased risk factors for its occurrence. You can find this medication in our Cholesterol medications section.
- Biaxin XL (Clarithromycin XL) is an antibiotic drug, a derivative of erythromycin. The drug is used for the treatment of upper/lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissues infections, otitis media; peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, mycobacteriosis, chlamydia, and other infectious diseases caused by the bacteria that can be eliminated with the medication use. You can find this medication in our Antibiotics medications section.
- Caverta (Sildenafil Citrate) is an erectile dysfunction medication that improves the blood circulation in the penis and helps men unable to achieve or maintain a strong erection due to any reason lead a normal sexual life. You can find this medication in our Men’s health section.
- Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) is an antibacterial medication from the group of fluoroquinolones of the II generation. The medication has a broad spectrum of activity, i.e. is effective against a big number of bacterial pathogens. It is used for the therapy of any bacterial infection caused by bacteria that is susceptible to Ciprofloxacin. You can find this medication in our Antibiotic medications section.
- Crestor (Rosuvastatin) is a lipid-lowering drug of the third generation from the group of statins. The medication is appointed for the therapy of primary hypercholesterolemia, diseases of the cardiovascular system, including in patients with no clinical manifestations of ischemic heart disease, but having increased risk factors for its occurrence. You can find this drug in our Cholesterol medications section.
- Detrol (Tolterodine) is an antispasmodic medication used for therapy of hyperactive bladder manifested in frequent imperative urges to urinate or urinary incontinence. This mediation can be found in our Other medications section.
- Hyzaar (Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide) is a combination hypertensive medication, i.e. medication to lower the blood pressure based on angiotensin II receptor antagonist Losartan and diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide. The drug is prescribed to treat hypertension and prevent hypertension complications such as stroke. You can find this drug in our Blood pressure medications section.
- Keflex (Cephalexin) is an antibiotic from the group of cephalosporins of the first generation. The drug renders a bactericidal effect disrupting the synthesis of the cell wall of microorganisms. It is prescribed for the treatment of bacterial infections that are caused by the pathogens sensitive to the antibiotic. You can find this drug in our Antibiotic medications section.
- Sinequan (Doxepin) is an antidepressant with anxiolytic and sedative properties. The medication is used in depressive and neurotic conditions, alcoholism accompanied in anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder, as well as in for duodenal ulcer treatment. This mediation can be found in our Antidepressant medications section.
- Generic Tricor (Fenofibrate) is a medication with hypolipidemic, uricosuric (increases the washing out of uric acid in the urine), and antiaggregatory action. It is used to lower cholesterol in patients with cardiovascular risk. You can find this drug in our Cholesterol medications section.
- Vantin (Cefpodoxime) is an beta-lactam antibiotic use for the treatment of bacterial infections of various organs caused by the susceptible bacterial pathogens. You can find this drug in our Antibiotic medications section.
Top medications by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals:
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Amoxicillin 500 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Lipitor 40 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Clarithromycin XL 500 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Sildenafil Citrate 100 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Ciprofloxacin 1000 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Rosuvastatin 20 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Tolterodine 4 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Losartan + Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Cephalexin 750 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Doxepin 75 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Fenofibrate 200 mg
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Cefpodoxime 200 mg
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals