Zydus Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Zydus Pharmaceuticals is a worldwide operating subsidiary of the Indian pharmaceutical concern Cadila Healthcare that is in the top five drug-making giants in India. The subsidiary operates both in India and the U.S. since 2003 and now has reached the top ten generic drugs manufacturers rating in the U.S. by the number of prescriptions and sales.
The concern is engaged in the development, production, and marketing of branded medications, active pharmaceutical ingredients, generic medications, cosmetic products, and animal health products.
History of Zydus Pharmaceuticals
The main company a part of which Zydus makes, Cadila, was instituted back in the fifties of the twentieth century in India by the chemist and Professor Ramanbhai Patel and Indravadan Modi, an entrepreneur. Throughout the decades, the company expanded through mergers, acquisitions, and by expanding its own production facilities and purchasing licenses to produce generics. Most notable acquisitions of the company are Brazilian Nikkho do Brasil company in 2007 and domestic drug maker German Remedies in 2015, Currently, it sells its products in over a hundred countries of the world.
In 1995, the concern split into 2 companies – Cadila Healthcare and Cadila Pharmaceuticals. The family of one founder, Dr. Patel, got Cadila Healthcare, and Mr. Modi - Cadila Pharmaceuticals.
Making the essential medications affordable for people from all social clusters, the company gained multiple awards among which is the 2010 award under the "Research &Development for Affordable Healthcare in India" initiative. In 2014, Proving its reputation of the firm that makes the most modern medications accessible to everyone, it presented the pioneering biosimilar of Adalimumab, the anti-inflammatory biologic preparation, under the trade name Exemptia making it five times cheaper than the original medication. Besides, the subsidiary of the company, Zydus Pharmaceuticals introduced the company’s first medication molecule Saroglitazar used in the lowering of high lipids in the blood associated with diabetes under the commercial name "Lipaglyn" and then the first in India hepatitis C drug based on Sofosbuvir, under the trademark SoviHep.
Currently, fifteen of the company’s brands are included in the top three hundred medications brands in India.
Cadila Healthcare a part of which Zydus Pharmaceuticals is has five Research and Development facilities with over a thousand researchers working in them. The key priorities of the R&D of the company are small and large molecules, biologic medications, vaccines, new medicines and improved meds.
The scientific department of the concern applied for filling of more than two hundred patents 100 of which are approved to date. Due to its work, Zydus Pharmaceuticals became the first drug maker in India to introduce the generic drug to manage high blood lipids in diabetes, Lipaglyn. Besides, it was the first drugmaker to launch a biosimilar (complete analog) of Adalimumab, a biological medication that modifies the body response to inflammation under the name Exemptia.
The company’s research department is a Partner of Choice for research-driven pharmaceutical leaders such as Abbott, Bayer, World Health Organization, and many others.
The drug manufacturer has 9 production facilities in India and one in the United States. The facilities are equipped with the most advanced appliances selected specifically for the field they are used for. For instance, certain facilities are dedicated to the production of only active pharmaceutical ingredients, others make only formulations for the internal market, and the next ones only oral capsules for the highly regulated markets such as the U.S. Accordingly, the plants are all verified and accredited by the organizations responsible for the safety of medications exported to the certain markets such as the U.S. FDA, UK MHRA, and so on.
Zydus Pharmaceuticals products you can buy at our online drugstore
We offer our customers only the best products from the most reputable medications producers, which is why we have the following Zydus products at our range:
- Cytoxan (Cyclophosphamide) is a cytostatic antitumor chemotherapeutic medication that can be appointed for a variety of conditions: ovarian, breast, lung and other types of cancer, lymphogranulomatosis, lymphomas, lymphosarcoma, leukemia, Ewing's sarcoma, fungal mycosis; prophylaxis of graft rejection; therapy of autoimmune diseases such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, systemic vasculitis dermatomyositis, etc. You can get the medication from our Cancer medications section.
- Zyloprim (Allopurinol) is a preparation used for Hyperuricemia and its complications, such as gout. Its effect is due to the breaking of the synthesis of uric acid. The medication inhibits the activity of the enzyme xanthine oxidase which catalyzes the oxidation of hypoxanthine to xanthine and its further conversion to uric acid. Violating the synthesis of uric acid the medication diminishes its level in the body and also contributes to the dissolution of urates. This medication can be found in our Other medications section.
Please consult your healthcare provider who knows your disease history before you purchase any medication from our online drugstore and start the therapy.
Top medications by Zydus Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biochem Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals