Biochem Pharmaceuticals Generic drugs
Biochem Pharmaceuticals is an Indian-based pharmaceutical company that develops, and produces medication products. The company was established in 1959 in Mumbai, India and in 2011 was acquired by the larger pharmaceutical company Cadila Healthcare Limited. Nowadays, it operates as a subsidiary of the large pharmaceutical concern that is the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in India. The medications produced by Biochem Pharmaceuticals are available on the markets of Malaysia, Thailand, Kenya, Srilanka, and others with the list being continuously increasing.
The company that now owns Biochem Pharmaceuticals and decides on the research focus and production of the drug maker, Cadila Healthcare Limited, was established in 1952 by a former professor of the L.M. College of Pharmacy, Ramanbhai Patel, and his business partner Indravadan Modi. The company consistently grew and developed for forty years to become the fourth leading Indian Pharma company. Nowadays, the shares of the company are listed in the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Product lines, research and development
Although the company mostly focuses on the production of generics to make the most innovative medicines developed by other companies affordable to wider populations and especially people from the developing world, it also continues to engage in research and development of new drugs.
The company offers not only drugs but also diagnostic devices, natural remedies, i.e. plan products, skin care products including creams, ointments, shampoos, and so on, and other prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
The pharmaceutical company produces active pharmaceutical ingredients at multiple factories complexes all around India (the total number is around twenty complexes with some of them having 12 plants at one site) to ensure fast and equal distribution of medications to all country population as well as provide their country citizens with fair employment possibilities and conditions. In 2015, it employed around fifty thousand people.
In 2010, the company that owns Biochem Pharmaceuticals received a Welcome Trust Award under the "R&D for Affordable Healthcare in India" initiative.
Indeed, it strives to cut the prices of the essential and important medications and quite effectively. For instance, in 2014, it became the first drug-making company to make the world's first adalimumab biosimilar generic pricing it at one-fifth the originator's price.
It also launched its first drug molecule Saroglitazar for the treatment of Diabetic Dyslipidemia under brand name "Lipaglyn".
In 2015, the company got the license from the developer Sofosbuvir, the innovative drug for the treatment of hepatitis C, and became the first company to make the generics of this medication and market it at a much lower price that the branded medication is sold at.
Products made by Biochem Pharmaceuticals you can purchase at our online med store
- Acillin (Ampicillin) is a generic version of antibiotic Ampicillin used for the treatment of infections of respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue infections, pneumonia, liver infections, stomach infections, meningitis, endocarditis, gastroenteritis, bronchitis, typhoid fever, intraabdominal Infection, and others. The drug was originally discovered in 1961 but since the exclusive patent of the developer expired, it is now made by different pharmaceutical companies Biochem Pharmaceuticals being one of them. The medication’s effect is due to the interfering of the bacteria cells replication at the final stages of it. The dead bacteria then are dissolved and washed out from the body with urine and feces. You can buy this antibiotic from our antibiotics medications section.
- Cefuroxime (Ceftin) is a generic version of antibiotic drug developed in 1978. The medication is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the airways, pneumonia, bronchitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, otitis media, skin and soft tissue infections, urinary tract infections, Lyme disease, meningitis, joint Infection, osteomyelitis, gonococcal Infection, appendicitis, and others. It renders bactericidal effect, i.e. breaks the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall and has a wide spectrum of antimicrobial action. You can buy this drug at the antibiotics medications section.
- Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) is a generic version of anti-tumor medication, an estrogen antagonist. It was developed in 1962 and currently is used to treat estrogen-dependent breast cancer. The active substance binds with hormonal receptors present in the tumor cells and suppresses the action of estrogens which doesn’t allow the tumor to grow. You can buy this medication from our cancer medications section.
Top medications by Biochem Pharmaceuticals:
Find the latest special offer from pharmaceutical companies:
- Abbott - A promise for life
- Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Aprazer Health Care
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aurochem Pharmaceuticals
- Aventis Pharma
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Biocon - Indias innovation led, global biopharmaceuticals company
- Blue Cross Pharma Industry
- Centurion Laboratories
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt.Ltd
- Cipla - Caring for life
- Combitic Global Caplet Pvt
- Consern Pharma PVT LTD
- Dharam Pharma Distributors
- Dr Reddy’s Pharmaceuticals
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- ESSA Pharma Inc.
- FDC Pharmaceuticals
- Fourrts Laboratories
- Geno Pharma
- German Remedies
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- GSK Pharma India
- HAB Pharmaceuticals
- Healing pharma
- HELIOS pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- IPCA - A dose of life
- J.B. Chemicals Pharmaceuticals
- John Lee Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Khandelwal Pharma
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- MAC Labs
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals - Challenging Frontiers in Healthcare
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals - Serving Life
- Meda Pharmaceuticals
- Morepen Pharmaceuticals
- MSD Pharmaceuticals - Be well
- Natco Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk Pharma
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- R.P.G. pharmaceuticals
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Rayh Health Care
- Sandoz a Novartis company
- Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Serum Pharmaceuticals
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sunrise Remedies
- Systopic Pharmaceuticals - Excellence through People and Innovation
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharma
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Unique Pharmaceuticals
- USV Pharmaceuticals
- Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals